TDC Fun Facts for February:
- Half of all residential moves happen between May and September.
- A cardboard moving box can typically be used 3-10 times before it’s no longer structurally sound.
- 60 Boxes: that’s the average number used for a move.
- The average American moves 11.7 times in his or her lifetime.
- On average, the weight of a household move is between 6,000 and 6,500 pounds, which is about the same weight as an elephant.
- February 15 is Susan B. Anthony’s Birthday. February 15 is also the National Flag of Canada Day!
- February 17 brings Presidents’ Day, a federal holiday also known as Washington’s Birthday that is celebrated on the third Monday in February. However, George Washington’s actual birthday is February 22.
Did you know that proximity to the workplace is one of the main reasons American’s move each year?
Thinking of moving to the Plattsburgh region? Here are some resources to get you moving in the right direction.
Ready to find a career that suits you?
Find your adventure:
Find your neighborhood: