EASY ACCESS TO CANADA
- 60 miles from Montreal, Canada
- Plus, within a 5 hour drive of Toronto–Canada’s largest city.
A UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE IN PLATTSBURGH
- State University of New York at Plattsburgh
- State university offering 5,400 students undergraduate and graduate degrees in 59 disciplines. Named one of “America’s Best Colleges — Regional Universities North” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Clinton Community College
- College offering 2,500 students training in technical careers through associates degrees and certificate programs. Ranked in the top ten of community colleges in New York State.
RAIL, HIGHWAY AND PORT ACCESS
- Quick access to Interstate 87
- Directly connecting Greater Plattsburgh to Montreal, New York City and Boston
- Easy access to the primary interstate connecting the east and west coasts of the U.S. (Interstate 90)
- Within 1 day’s drive of 50% of the U.S. population
- Located on the main rail line for Canadian Pacific
- Connects New York City to Montreal
- Three large, deep water ports
- Quick access to some of the largest metropolitan areas in North America
WORKFORCE AVAILABILITY AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ESTABLISHED INDUSTRIAL PRESENCE
STRONG BUSINESS INCENTIVES
- START-UP NY tax-free zones and other tax incentives
- Access to some the lowest utility rates in the U.S.
- Access to foreign trade zones
- Financing opportunities
Source: fDi’s American Cities of the Future 2015/16