Greater Plattsburgh, NY is centrally located and offers great access to some of the largest markets in the world. Located just one hour south of Montreal and within a five hour drive of New York City, Boston and Toronto, companies can benefit greatly from the easy access to intermodal transit the area offers.
- Interstate 87 provides immediate highway access to the entire area.
- Via I-87 and I-90, all of the northeastern U.S is accessible by truck within a day’s drive.
- Highway ramp entrances are located close to each of TDC’s industrial parks.
- I-87 provides direct access to Canada just twenty miles north of Plattsburgh.
- The renovations to the “Champlain – Lacolle Port of Excellence” and Quebec’s Highway 15 has transformed it into the U.S.’ most modern northern border crossing.
- The port is the sixth-busiest Canada-U.S. commercial border crossing, with 2,000 commercial vehicles crossing per day.
- Plattsburgh is located on the main rail line for Canadian Pacific, which connects New York City to Montreal.
- A rail spur, which is already used for industrial purposes, runs to Plattsburgh International Airport.
- Canadian Pacific maintains a partnership with Canadian National (CN) rail to provide alternate rail service, if required.
- Passenger rail via Amtrak provides daily connections between Montreal and New York City.