Companies in Greater Plattsburgh, NY have access to major markets in the U.S, Canada and around the globe. Plus, we boast three large, deep water ports and quick access to some of the largest metropolitan areas in North America.
The Port of Montreal (and nearby Sorel/Tracy), the Port of New York and the port of Albany are world-class deep-water seaports, each of which has the capacity to handle loading and off-loading of large pieces of containerized parts.
The Ports of Montreal and Sorel/Tracy are located within 60 miles of Plattsburgh. The Ports of Albany and New York provide alternate seaports within 150 and 300 miles, respectively. The canal system and Lake Champlain also present an opportunity for moving materials via barge directly to Plattsburgh. All three ports are open year-round.
- The Port of Montreal is an international port linked to more than 100 countries around the world.
- It handles some 20 million tons of highly-diversified cargo annually.
- The Port of Montreal is a leader in the North Atlantic container market, serving year-round such markets as North Europe, the Mediterranean, Central Canada and the U.S. Midwest and Northeast.
- The Port of New York and New Jersey is the gateway to the most concentrated and affluent consumer market in the world.
- It is the largest port on the East Coast, and the third-largest in the United States.
- Located on the Upper Hudson River, the Port of Albany/Rensselaer has been a historic transportation hub since the city was founded over 300 years ago.
- The Hudson River provides access to the state’s extensive canal system.
- Area roadways connect with major interstate highways.
- Rail lines deliver cargo in close proximity to any location in North America.
- Albany International Airport is only a 15 minute drive away.